Monday, July 20, 2009

July 13, 2009

Hey there!!I got to come up with a more clever way to start my emails.... like...BAM!!!! HERE I AM! It's a work in progress....

But anyways I have a cool story to tell you. And it's not some big inspirational or spiritual story. So sorry if that is what you were hoping for. But this week Me and Elder Rawlins had exchanges. And we were up late talking and finally decided to go to bed. But this night, was way way way stormy, like the biggest storm I have ever seen. So at 2:30 I look outside and Elder Rawlins says, hey you are awake too, and I said yup I am. So he said, let's go out side and check it out.So we did....And we were standing out side in the entry way to our apartment under something so we wouldn't get wet. And about 200 yards away we see this incredible lightning bolt. Like it was so close we saw sparks flying off it and fire coming off the sides of it. Wow!!! It was incredible, and it was followed by this thunder that made a car alarm go off it was so huge! And it scared us to death, we both jumped and ran inside the building and into the apartment and slammed the door and locked and just sat on the couch..... It was pretty funny afterwards. But not at the moment. That's my cool story. That lightning bolt was one of the coolest things I have seen in my life.

That is so cool that you were able to go to President and Sister Newman's homecoming. I am way jealous. They are 2 of the most amazing people I have ever met. They are just packed with so much spirit and knowledge. Yes please do send me the notes! I do want to hear what they had to say. And that is nice of them to say nice things about me. :) I do love them and miss them a lot. But President Kunz is an incredible guy as well. He is so enthusiastic and excited about the work!And interviews got changed to this Wednesday so I will be having my first one with him Wednesday morning.

I do have to tell him I have a court date on the 28th as well. So I think when transfers come around I will either be staying here in the North, or going down to South O. Because I have to stay close so that I can go to court. And the other areas are 1 hour, 2 hours and 4 hours away. I don't know, but we'll find out in 9 days. Whatever happens, I'm good with.

Wow, that's crazy that Elder Olsen is taking off in 2 days! Wow! I remember those days right before entering the MTC, and the first days in the MTC. He'll do just fine. :) Wow, can you believe it, here I am working on month number 8. Good stuff.

Well this week I don't have many crazy or interesting things to tell you. It was just another week in the mission. Leticia was out of town this entire week so we weren't able to talk with her at all untill yesterday. We will have to re-set her for baptism. But she is still looking really good. Manuel and Roxana came yesterday as well to church and they are doing great. They both want to get baptized, so all we need is to get his divorce. They talked with the bishop yesterday after church, but I don't know what happened or what was said. So hopefully all went well. We have been teaching a guy named Carlos, he is like 55, and we are seeing good progress with him. But I will tell you that the oposition is working so hard against us and Carlos right now. It's pretty incredible actually. It's because if Carlos gets baptized, his family will too. So we would see probably 8 or 9 baptisms from Carlos getting baptized. He is very respected in his house. He understands the bible really well. teaches his family and they all attend a church near the house. But it's funny because Carlos doesn't believe in that church, he just says, he knows he is being blessed for going to church. But he did tell us he knows he needs to be baptized, and in his prayer he asked God if this was where he needed to be. So he is trying really hard. But so is the other side.It's been very challenging. But we are going to continue to work with him and hopefully see a break through. This week we just didn't see a whole lot of success, and many people aren't progressing. But we are still working hard to find those chosen few that are prepared and ready to hear the gospel. But the opposition has worked harder on us this week then just about any other.

So I don't know if I mentioned this in my email last week but I haven't had to deal with eating fish since being here. And two days in a row we eat Shrimp Cocktail......... I tried so hard to eat it. Both times. The first time I had like 6 bites and the second time, I had 3 before I said. Sorry, can't do it. Haha. Oh well... hopefully another 6 or 7 months before I have to deal with that again.

And no the package didn't get here by Friday. We went by the office Friday afternoon to turn in an oil change receipt and it wasn't there. So hopefully it shows up at interviews that I have Wednesday. But the cookout was fun. Me and Elder Rawlins played a song by Jimmy Eat World called For Me This Is Heaven. It was sweet. We had to listen to it and pick it up by ear, and we did AWESOME! It was fun. And the other musical numbers were pretty good as well. That was a good night. Sometimes ya need nights like that, when you can hang out on the porch of a member and play guitar with your other missionary buddies. :)

Well I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all.I love you very much!

Love, Elder Moore

No comments: