Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12, 2010

Well this will be the last email I send to all ya all.

Thank you for all of your support. This has been an incredible 22 months. I have absolutely loved my mission. It all seems like a dream still that I will be home today. I'm just waiting to wake up.... but I haven't yet, and I'm not sure when I will.

It finally set in today though that I would be leaving. I slept a little less than 2 hours last night just thinking about everything and trying to comprehend it. I got up at 6:30 and took a shower and just started to cry as it set in that this is it. I never realized how hard it would be to leave this wonderful work. I know that I will continue to be a missionary when I get home... but it's different. The experiences that I have had on my mission are things that will stay with me forever.

Last night it was fun just reminissing with Elder Curisinche about stuff we've done together. The mission has made me a better person and has really strengthened my testimony. I will be forever grateful for the time I have spent here in the best mission in the world. I have really learned to love people and see them the way God sees them. I know that even though I am having to come home early, and as hard as this is for me, it's part of God's plan and I shouldn't ask why is this happening to me, but rather, what does God want me to learn from this?

I know that this church is true. I kow that Christ lives. And if we believe in him, he will lead us and show us what he would have us do. I'm so glad that God loved us enough to call another prophet. Our message is a message of hope. And because of the prayer of Joseph Smith, there is hope. We can know that through Christ we can receive the divine help neccesary to return and live with God again.

I love you all! And I will see you all tonight!

Love,
Elder Moore

No comments: