Monday, May 18, 2009

Prayers are answered...May 18, 2009

Every morning we gather (me, Justin and Brooklyn) and pray for the safety of Brandon...as I know many of you do. Well, it looks like this week especially our prayers were answered.


Hey there!

Well I will put it this way.... this week had some of the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows, As you will see from the pictures I have attached.Sunday was probably the worste day of my entire mission. We went to go see Alister to get him to come to church and Gabriel. We got there and found out they had gone to a party the night before and were both drunk and passed out. So we are done seeing Alister. Hopefully later on down the road someone will find him and teach him. But as for now.... I just don't know. But we need to be spending more time with people that have more of a desire and as of now he doesn't.

So we left Alister's house to go see Gavino and remind him of church.... well we never got there.We were driving down to his house and got to the intersection of 24th and Leavenworth and we got in a car acident and totalled our car. A Toyota FJ Cruiser ran the red light and smashed right into us. It was deffinately one of the scariest moments of my life. She dragged us across the intersection and we spun, our airbags went off, and she drove away. She didn't get far though before she stopped, proably 400 meters. The good news is that we weren't hurt to bad. My hand is bruised as well as my forearm from the airbag exploding, my ankle back and neck hurt too. Elder Herrera has a black eye from his airbag and his leg and back hurt as well. Cops and paramedics came. It was a big mess.We have witnesses that said we had the green and she was going about 45 and ran the red light. But the other woman also says she has witnesses, which how could she? She is down the road..... I don't know. But anyways we have a court date on the 23rd of June. This is just crap. I was so mad. And I don't know.... The mom of this girl showed up and saw we were Mormons and started giving us crap about that then started swearing at me. I just didn't say anything. The cop lady was there and told her to shut up and not to talk to me anymore. That was cool.But yeah.... that was Sunday morning.

Let me tell ya... the mission is anything but easy and full of surprises. But I am having a really hard time with it right now. Hopefully things start to turn around.

Well we had a sweet lesson with Alina Savalla and her family and asked her to be baptized on the 13th of June. She said she would have to talk to her husband who is a strong catholic. But she knows it's true and wants to be with her family forever and we have said that she can be. I have had some amazing lessons with her. We are going over there tonight to have family home evening with her and her family. I am very excited! She said she was going to talk to her husband too. We haven't had much of a chance to talk to him yet. But hopefully he will be there tonight.From what she told us, he is a strong catholic, but doesn't attend there church anymore because he had some questions that he didn't think the catholic church gave great answers too. I am very positive that we could give him the answers he is looking for. So I am looking forward to tonights appointment.

So yes I am still cutting my own hair. And it's getting a little better everytime. I just do a 3 on top and a 2 on the sides and taper with a 1. Haha. So I am pretty much pro. I just don't like how long it takes to do it yourself. But oh well, whatever I can do to save money right? Plus I am learning a new skill.

So I have a trip to the dentist tomorrow morning. I was flossing my teeth like a week ago, and found a black spot on my gums. Underneath one of my teeth. So I am going to get that checked out tomorrow. Yay. Everyone knows how much I love the dentist..... ok not really.

I want to let you all know that Satan does everything he can to get us down. To make us seem worthless. To make living just hard. I have felt him so much recently. Even to the point where I have just wanted to leave. Like yesterday after that horrible day. But also, the Lord fights for us as well. He is there every step of the way. There is sacrafice in living the gospel of Jesus Christ. It isn't easy, and that wasn't the plan for it to be easy. Christ sacfriced it all for us. We have been asked to sacrfice just a little bit. To take one step towards the Garden of Gethsamine. The love he has for us is infinite. I have felt it. I know that he is watching out for me as my older brother as well as my friend. I love sharing this gospel. Come what may I am going to take it, learn from it, and enjoy it. This has been very challenging. Especially with the accident. But I know that this is what I need to be doing. I know the Lord has a plan for me and this is part of it. I read my patriarchal blessing last night when I was just thinking about everything, and my mission is talked about so much in it. This is a big part of my life. Thank you all for your support.I love you all! Live the gospel, and be obedient and I know the Lord will bless you.

Take care.
Love always,
Elder Moore


1 comment:

ginger said...

Oh i just want to give that stinker a hug and kiss. His testimony at the end touched my heart. He is growing up so much and is such a good example to all of us on doing the hard things. I love that kid and I am so thankful he is okay. Everyone keep praying for him, he needs us!