Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3, 2009

Hey there to everyone!

So to start off, it's amazing the way the spirit can lead you in lessons. So I am going to share a story about how that happened with us this week. So we were teaching a woman named Flor. She has come to church probably 6 times now, but the only thing that is keeping her from getting baptized is not being married but living with a guy. Who is actually a jerk to her. So her 2nd Sunday in church she bore her testimony saying this church is true. She is reading the Book of Mormon, has a testimony. So this past week me and Elder King went over to teach her. We really didn't have a lesson planned, just wanted to see what happened. So we started to talk to her and for some reason I just thought about talking about examples. So we shared about Ammon and how he was an example to the King and the king believed his words and listened to him because of it. Then we shared the story of Aaron and how he taught King Lamonhi's dad. And then King Lamonhi's dad asks after he finishes teaching.... What do I have to give to experince this kind of joy, I will give up everything i have. So after we read this I looked at Flor and asked her what she was willing to give up to be with God. And she knew....It was a really powerful experience. And she said, you're right, I know what I have to do. So two days later we came back and talked to her a little more and about what she had decided....... after about 20 minutes of talking to us, she said, "You can go now. We are done." We didn't see that coming, and then she didn't come to church either. She just isn't willing to leave her "husband" or marry him. So that's a bummer. But hey, we planted a good seed. And we will see what happens. We haven't seen her since, and we probably won't untill she calls us. It's sad, because she is so cool. But oh well.... she knows now... what else can we do right?

So Alma and Eric came to church this Sunday too. They are way awesome. She is 18 and he is 24. They are going to get married soon. And we are going to ask them to be baptized tonight. Hope all goes well there. We had a way powerful spiritual experience with them earlier this week when we watched Finding Faith In Christ. I love the Spirit. It really helps people to know that what we are sharing is true. And then it's up to them to accept or reject what they are feeling.

Before coming on the mission I had this idea in my head that we could baptize everyone. No one would want to say no. But it surprises me how many people have become so content with the lives they are living. And have no desire to change or just don't believe us.

So I had court. It sucked. I have to pay 69 dollars by September 30th. So that's not bad. I got the fine cut by alot. From like 160 to 69. So I'll take it. But I didn't even get to tell what happened. It was lame. Just had to stand in front of a judge and say "No contest" It was lame. But oh well.

So that is awesome that Toni was in town. That family is so awesome!!!! I miss them and I will definitely go and visit them in Canada when I get back. Another Waterton Lakes reunion! Hope all is well with them.

So wow, that surprises me that Tyler got released too! Holiness, the priest quroum will never be the same. Tyler transformed the priests. He made it something totally awesome and did amazing things for every person that was in his class. For all the years he was there. Some of my favorites memories are being on camp outs and hang outs with the priests. Like the Moab trip! That was so awesome!! I love that guy. I owe him a lot for why I am on a mission. He helped me so much. I hope that family is doing well. They deserve it. They have never thought about themselves and have always looked for ways to serve. They are just full of so much love for everyone. Ha I remember when we made chinese food at Tyler's house and brought our dates over.... ha and made our own fortune cookies. That was so much fun. I hope when I "grow up" I am half as cool as that guy.

So Mom, I am so glad you are reading Preach My Gospel. That book was writen on the other side of the veil. It is scripture. It's so awesome! That book is changing missionary work and has made missionaries better teachers now then ever. As L. Tom Perry said in his conference talk. It has been cool I have been reading the New Era's and past conference Ensigns. I have learned so much! Jeffrey R. Holland gave an awesome talk called Broken Things to Mend in ..... April 2006 I think. I would recommend everyone read that. It's amazing.

I love studying and reading the scriptures and the words of our living prophets. They truly are the words of our Heavenly Father. I know that this is the true church. This is the gospel of Jesus Christ. And he did truly suffer for each and every person, and this he did because of the love he has for everyone of us. Well family. I love you so much! I love sharing the gospel and being on a mission. The time will come when we are all united again.... but as for now, the Lord has a work for me to do. And I am trying to fulfill my purpose to the best of my ability. The Lord has a work for all of us to do. I hope you are all trying your best to fulfill the work our Heavenly Father has for you as well. We can't make it on our own. Turn to Jesus Christ and he will be there, always. When others dissapear, he doesn't.

I love you.

Love, Elder Moore

No comments: