Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 24, 2010

So it sounds like you had quite the week! Wish I could say my week was half as interesting as yours........ BUT I can't.

So I'm going to start off by being brutally honest. Mom, that house looks like a dumb. But you're right, I won't judge it. And I have faith that you can turn this place around. I'm just glad I don't have to be part of "turning it around." Because yes, I have little faith right now after seeing those pictures. :) Just kidding mom! I'm sure it will look great when you are done with it!! I love you!!
I trust that you know what you are doing and that it will look great by the time I get home!! It looks like it has some real potential.

That is so exciting that Brooklyn leaves for Taiwan this week! I am so excited for her. She is a lucky girl, I hope she knows that. Wish her luck and tell her I love her too!!!!!

Well.... This week was just another week in the mission. Still struggling with teaching people and getting people to progress. We are also working right now with a lot of less actives. We spent our whole meeting with our mission leader on Wednesday discussing less actives. We have about 15 right now that used to be very active in the church and now don't come at all. So an hour and a half was spent discussing them and what can be done to help them out.

We came up with a few ideas which are some pretty cool ones. We are going to start playing soccer every Saturday morning so we can start to build some sort of unity in the group. So we are inviting everyone in our group and asking them to invite their friends. So this should be fun. And the elders in Crete are going to do the same. Then the first Saturday in July we are going to have a championship game. Lincoln vs. Crete. Haha, I'm so excited for that!

We are also going to be having a fireside about Christ, and we are going to invite the Omaha ward to come down and join us. So hopefully we can get more people to understand Christ and his atonement better and strengthen their testimony in him. Usually people go less active because they have a very weak testimony. I'm really sick of the excuses people give for not coming to church.

Also this next Sunday we are having a fifth Sunday fireside during the last hour of church and I've spent some time putting together family mission plans. We have a group family mission plan but it is pretty much non existent. No one looks at it or does a thing on it. So I've put together individual family ones and I'll be teaching the lesson and presenting the family mission plans this week. Wish me luck. Hopefully it goes well and we can get people helping us out more with missionary work instead of them being the people we are having to focus on.

Also we are going to start teaching english classes. I made flyers for those as well and we will be handing them out to everyone we see and posting them on bulletin boards and the local hispanic stores. So that way we can find people to teach. And we will teach the classes in the church. So then we can invite them for church on Sundays. So hopefully we can find more people that way.

Yeah I know I asked to get out of Omaha. I was tired of being there and I have almost been here now 6 months. And usually after being in an area after 6 months I am done and ready to leave. But not here. This place is having so much troubles right now. And as much as I hate it, and as much crap that I have dealt with over the course of the last 2 months. I'm not ready to leave it. I still feel like there is a lot that can be done here and a lot that I can do. I've been trying really hard. But maybe I just need to try harder. I was so bummed when I didn't go to Crete. It really sucked. But now I'm glad that I stayed here. I think it is definitely helping me to learn patience. Kind of. I haven't quite learned it yet. Since I still get so mad when peole make dumb excuses to why they didn't come to church. But I hope I stay here longer because I don't feel like I've done enough here.

Well we used to teach a guy named David. He was ALWAYS drunk!!! He would be there talking about killing himself and swearing and it was just bad. Well we ran into him again. He had been clean for 5 days and looked great. He was a nice guy. Had a button up shirt on, hair combed over. It's amazing to see what not drinking can do to a person. You really do have so much more freedom. So we taught him and hopefully we can get him set for baptism soon because he loves what we teach and he wants to go out and teach with us. Only minor problem we have with him is..... he lives in his van. But that's ok, we'll work with that. :)

So quick story. We were teaching a 19 year old named Estefany. We gave her a Book of Mormon and asked her to pray about it. So we came back a few days later and we were talking with her and asked her if she had read. She said yes. Then we asked if she had prayed. She said yes. Then we asked if she had gotten an answer. And she said she had a dream. In her dream her mom, who had died about 10 years ago, came to her. She told us that she never has dreams of her mom. So her mom answered her in her dream and told her that this church was not something new but that it was God's church and that she should learn more about it. So she told her that she had felt she recieved the answer that this is the true church. We were so excited!! But the only bad thing is..... that she left for Mexico this past Saturday. I hope he finds the church down there. We gave her all the information needed to be ale to contact the missionaries there.

So there is a chance we may be moving back into our old apartment. In this apartment people are allowed to smoke inside and Elder Rigby has asthma and it has been bothering him. So we'll find out today if they send us back to the old one or not. We hope so. Cause that old apartment is the bomb!!

haha wow must stink to be living in Utah right now!! Here it has been 80's and 90's and very very VERY humid. It's such a wet heat. But I don't mind. I love hot weather! But I can't believe that it is snowing there! That is crazy! Sorry. :)

Thank you for the pictures! Hahaha Justin looks way happy in that top picure with his mission call. I've never seen that kid smile so big!! And that is a hideous suit he is wearing. Tell him to leave it for me. :) Laynie looks so grown up!!! Good grief. And you and Brooklyn look great!! Betty is such a sweetheart!! Geez I miss my family. ;) Haha yeah I know ya'll are still going to be there when I get home :) And I"m looking forward to seeing you all soon. Time really does fly. Those were some great pictures. Especially of Dawson and Brooklyn. Gosh our famliy is the best!!!!!!!

Hey mom my pday will be on Tuesday of next week because of the holiday. Just letting ya know. I love you!!!!!! Good luck with our new way awesome house! It will be great. :) Well that's it for this week. I hope everything starts to get better there. I love you all!!!!

Love,
Elder Moore
Go Lakers!!!

No comments: