Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16, 2010



Hey hey hey! I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Carlsbad California. You luckies. :) You are right, it will be my turn in December. But I'm glad ya had fun and got to spend some serious good time in the sun. Well I have been loving my time in the snow here. Yup, we got more snow. It's been great!

Transfers are tomorrow. It seems like I just got to Lincoln, but 6 weeks have already passed by. I have a feeling that something really big is going to be happening with me this transfer. I've had some interesting conversations with President Kunz and he has sent me to a few meetings I don't normaly go to. So we'll see.... but you'll have to wait a few days to see if what I am thinking is going to happen happens or not. ;) Sorry!

So Edgar is so ready for baptism this Sunday. We are so excited for him. He is getting quite a bit of opposition from his friends and mom telling him that it is way too soon to be baptized. But he knows that what he is doing is right. We are very excited for him!

We also set another man for baptism this week. His name is Jorge. We went out to Crete to knock some doors and no one was home. Then we saw a man in the street. So I turned to Elder Stephenson and said, "Do you think we can baptize him?" And he looked at me and said, "Yeah." And I said, "Yeah me too." So we went and started talking to him, and he let us in to his house which wasn't too far away and we started to teach him. And then we taught him the first lesson and we invited him to be baptized and he said YES! Woohoo! Yeah we are very excited!




So the reason I asked Elder Stephenson that question was this.... I read a quote by Bruce R. McConkie that said once the missionary believes he can baptize, he will begin to baptize. I think I have lacked the faith that the Lord has been preparing people for us to teach and baptize. So I decided to start believing that we could baptize. And we have seen some amazing things happen from it. We are definately inviting more people to be baptized. Haha, I've also become a lot more bold with people. It's been a little hard for me because I like to keep the conversation light. But it's actually worked really well. Yeah, the mission is going great. I really have no desire to come home right now. I have really just started to focus and realize that the end really isn't that far away. It's nuts.

Also, next Monday I won't be here either. I will be in Omaha! :) L. Tom Perry is coming to talk to all the missionaries in our mission!!!!!!! How cool is that?!?! That is way cool. So I will be doing emails again on Tuesday.

SO mom, thank you very much for the Valentines package you sent me. That was very sweet of you. :) I love you Mom! Well that is that for this week. I know this one is short. Crazy huh? But tomorrow should bring many more crazy things. I love you all. I am glad you made it home safely.

Pray for Edgar. He is doing great, but can always use your prayers.

Love you all and take care.
Love,
Elder Moore

No comments: