Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 22, 2010

Well hello there!!! This week was quite a crazy one! Edgar was baptized, L. Tom Perry came, and I am an idiot.

Let's start with the "I am an idiot" part. Well, ya know how there is certain types of dish soap detergent stuff that you use only for the dishwasher. And then there is certain types of dish soap you just use only on dishes.... Well, I didn't know that before. But I know now. This week we ran out of dish detergent stuff. Ya know... the soap you put in the dish washer. So I thought, eh what the heck, dish soap is dish soap no? So I put some of the dish soap that you use on the dishes in the sink in the dishwasher. Yup, I just squirted it on all the dishes in there. Needless to say, half an hour later, there was bubbles all over the floor and in our dishwasher. Yeah.... not the smartest move on my part. Haha, yeah, I guess when it comes to not putting that soap in the dishwasher, it is just common sense. But, I lack on sense sometimes. As you may or may not know. But it was pretty funny. So I called Sister Kunz and said "Sister Kunz, just say someone that you know... hypothetically speaking, but dish soap in the dishwasher and now there are bubbles all over the floor and in the dishwasher, what would you do?" She just laughed really hard and said... "Elder Moore, hypothetically speaking, this is what I would do...." Yeah, it was a good laugh.




So Edgar was baptized on Sunday! It was so awesome! He is such a great kid. His baptism went great! His mom came and his dad too, and also 3 of his friends. It's going to be hard for him being the only member in his family, but I know that he is going to do just fine. He is so excited and loves learning about the gospel! I love that kid! We have had a lot of fun with him. It's hard though because he lives out in Crete which is a 30 mile drive there and 30 back. So it chews up a lot of our miles. I talked to President Kunz yesterday about me going to Crete and opening it up as another spanish area. He was very excited about the idea. I really hope he lets me do that this next transfer! There is a good chance of that since we have talked about it before. So we will see what happens. It would also really help Edgar, having us there to see him more than just twice a week.



Yesterday was incredible! L. Tom Perry came to the mission with Elder Holstrom of the presidency of the 70. Wow, it was incredible. The spirit was so incredibly strong! And L. Tom Perry shook everyone of our hands! IT was aweosme. He was wearing a really nice cardigan and I just had to compliment it. So it was my turn to shake his hand and I got there and he says "How are you?" and I said "I am doing great. That is an excellent cardigan you have on." And ya know it was a line so I started to move on, and he still had a hold of my hand and pulled me back and said "Ya know Elder Moore, when you get to be old like me, you always need to wear a sweater. But thank you, I think it's nice myself." Hahaha yeah it was pretty much awesome!!!

SO that was the weeks events! I got 2 new companionships in my district. It's pretty cool. Oh yeah, Hector and Julie are set for baptism now too! We have had some incredible lessons with them. They are both 17, boyfriend girlfriend thing. Hector is the son of a recent convert. They call us everynight and tell us they read the Book of Mormon, and they ask questions about what they have read. It's awesome. Also Julie called the other night and asked if I could bring her some sticky tabs so that she can write her own summary of the chapters she reads and put it in her book of mormon which she has decorated with stickers. It's actually pretty cool. So they read and pray together everynight! They are set for the 20th of March. And are looking great for their date.

So that is the news here. It was a pretty crazy week. Me and Elder Stephenson are still together. Should be a fun transfer. Lots of good things are happening here and we are very excited for what the future holds.

I can't believe Justin is working three jobs to prepare financially for his mission. He is really working his tail off. I'm glad that Justin will be serving his mission soon. That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear where he gets called to. The mission is an amazing experience that he will love.

I have found recently that sacrifice brings blessings. I have had to sacrifice a few things these past few weeks to be able to start feeling the full love our Savior has for us and to have his spirit more strongly. But it has been worth it. Also in my studies this week I realized something.....Christ was ONE sin away from failure. Just one. How incredible is that, that he didn't let temptation get the best of him. He knew his calling and had internalized it. He is such an amazing man.

I love all of you very much!!! Take care and have a great week!!!
Love,
Elder Moore

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER!!!!

No comments: