Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010 Que Onda Familia

Good Morning to everyone!

First off.... Grandma Happy Birthday this week!!!!!!!! I know it can be hard turning 40... but we'll get through this together. ;)

Ok.... so last Tuesday was sweet! My first night in the south. Elder Thorpe and Elder Finnerty had been teaching this family and they said that they were an amazing family but wouldn't set a baptismal date becaue they didn't feel prepared. They had challenged them to be baptized on the 25th of September but they didn't think that they could be ready. So there is some background on them. Well I got there Tuesday and we started talking and immediately just got along great. And we talked with them about baptism, prayer, and how God answers our prayers through the power of the Holy Ghost. So I said... let's have a prayer and ask God if he thinks that you should be baptized on the 25th. SO they said ok. So we all knelt together and they asked me to say the prayer because they wanted to just listen for an answer. So I began to pray, and I asked God if they should be baptized on the 25th, and I paused. And there was almost 2 minutes of silence as we knelt and listened. And then I closed the prayer. And as I did, I looked up at Mario and Olivia and asked how they felt. She looked and me and said, I can't believe it, that was amazing. And Mario said... I felt something that started at the top of my head and ran all the way down my body. So we explained to them that this is the Spirit testifying to you of God's love for you and that he knows that you will be ready. And then I invited them to be baptized on the 25th and they accepted!!! So we had them both at church yesterday and that was awesome! We actually had 5 people at church!!! Woot woot!

So we are also working with Fabiola and Jorge. I met Fabiola when I was here last year. But she wasn't to interested then. Well now... she is! Her and Jorge both are. They were both at church yesterday as well. She is almost 19, he is 20 and they have a 3 year old daughter. Yup. Well, he got married before when he was in Colorado, so that is the only thing keeping them from getting baptized right now. We are working on getting him divorced... which the proccess will take a month once we get it started, then they will get married and baptized. They both know it's true and really enjoyed church yesterday. So the work really picked up this past week.

We also went to jail and talked to an investigator. He got pulled over for speeding but had a previous on his record and no papers, so they put him in jail. It was cool. We talked to him through a phone and we saw eachother through t.v.'s. It was sweet! I've never done that before.

So we went to knock on someone's door and as we were leaving... I saw something on my foot, and I looked away thinking it was my shoe lace, but then instantly I thought... that is to thick to my shoe lace. It was a SNAKE!!! I hate snakes. I ran away.

Also President Kunz gave me another responsibility. He put me in charge of the Spanish meeting where all the spanish missionaries come here to Omaha and we have trainings. So I have no idea what I"m going to do for that yet. He just said in my interview I want you to put together a meeting, telling me when it will be and what you'll be doing for it. Have fun. Haha, yup didn't really give me a whole lot to work off there. :)

So I got sick this week. I had a sore throat. I've actually been sick for almost 2 weeks now. But this week it got worse. So I climbed out of bed at 6:40 am and went into the bathroom, and still was out of it. Drank some medicine out of a bottle in there before checking what it was. It was nighttime. Yup I took night time medicine at 6:40 in the morning. That day was a bad day. I was so tired the entire day! Not good.

Also this week Sebastian Rivera got baptized. It was neat! There was a lot of people there. Members and non-members! My comp and I taught a first lesson to all of them. Honestly... I was so nervous. There was a bout 50 people there I would say. It went really well though. The biggest group of people I've ever taught a discussion too that's for sure. So the work here is going really good. The only thing that keeps me sane is working hard right now.

Also I met some less actives in our ward from Nicaragua! Her brother still lives there and is the Bishop. Bishop Cortez! So I wrote Justin a note that I'll send today telling him to keep an eye out for Bishop Cortez in Mannagua. She said that she is going to call her brother and let him know that Justin is coming. ;)

Haha by the way that first paragraph of Dano's letter.... I totally remember when Eric threw that dry piece of poo at me! Hahaha! Good times when we were kids. I loved it! As a matter of fact, there is a good chance he was still throwing poo at me right before we left on our missions..... I remember when Adam was eating a brownie with frosting on it and I shook it out of his hand and ran away and he picked up the brownie and threw it at me and the frosting side of it hit me in the butt and I had frosting all over my pants. Darn him.

Anyways... glad that you were able to go up to Sandy and have a good time! I'm looking forward to that too. :) Here in less than 3 months now.... Crazy Eh?!?!
Well hope you all have a great week!!! I love you!!! Talk to ya soon! And c-ya soon!

Love,
Elder Moore

No comments: