Wednesday, August 11, 2010

August 9, 2010

Hey hey HEY!!!
Well I did get transfered.... but I'll tell you where in just a second. You won't believe it. So I get a call from President Kunz Wednesday morning and he says... Elder Moore to you miss spanish? And I said Yes. Then he said, "Well... I almost sent you out to Kearny as a zone leader, but I knew how much you love spanish, and how you would rather be there, so you are going back." So ya know where I am?..... Omaha North! Again. Haha! But it's ok, I was so so so excited to come back to Omaha! It was like coming home in a way. Since I spent the first year here, why not spend a little more time here ya know. :) So I am in the north, my mission birthplace, and I am a district leader here. And I have 2 companions, Elder Curisinche and Elder Starkey. President told me the 2 comps I would get are struggling some so to help them out. And so far we have done great! There is 7 elders and 2 sisters in my district. Oh yeah, and there are only 2 beds in our apartment, so of course I am sleeping on the couch. :) Since you all know how much I love the couch. ;)

So when I got here, they were teaching only one person. So not a whole lot going on here. But Elder Curisince had served here before also, so he knew some people and I know some people so now we are teaching a butt load of people. We went out and recontacted some of the people that we used to teach. So as of right now, we have a family of 4 that could be baptized, a family where the parents are members and the 5 kids of baptismal age are not, and Roxana and Manuel. So there is a possibility of many baptisms right now. I am so excited!!!! I am really looking forward to this transfer! There is a possibility for so much good work to be done here!

So yesterday on the way to church I got a call asking if I could teach the Gospel Principles lesson. Haha, I hadn't read it, and I haven't spoke spanish in like 10 weeks. So I got a little nervous, but it was on Repentance, so easy enough. It went really well and there was 5 investigators in the class. So that was cool. I am so happy to be back in spanish!!! You have no idea.

Also, since I stayed close, I was able to go back for Stella Mattox's baptism. That was great seeing her get baptized!!! That is the oldest person I have baptized on my mission. 71.

My new address is:
Elder Brandon Moore
605 S. 37th st #4
Omaha, NE 68105

So there ya have it. I am really looking forward to all the great things that are going to happen this transfer.

I am also glad to hear that Justin is doing great!! He is going to be a great missionary.

Good to know that the move is going just fine. And that Brooklyn was able to meeet some 'Hot' guys. Gosh she is funny!!

Please drive safe! 24 hours is a long drive! It's sad that Granny passed away, but she has the celestial kingdom written all over her. She was a great woman!! I love you!!!

Love,
Elder Moore

No comments: