Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010

Hahahahaha Justin talks about how he isn't going to write long emails and look at that first one....GINORMOUS!!!!

Well before I get started I want to say hi to a few people.... Hi to the Pillings! And the Sohms!! And the Morgans! And Aunt Diane! :) And of course to my friends on their missions that read this! And hello Amber. :)

Well this past week was a good one. And this week is transfers. I cannot belive it. We had exchanges with the assistants on Saturday night, and I was given warning.... I'm going leadership somewhere. He told me that he hopes I am ready for this because it's going to be a big change for me with lots of responsibility. So we'll see what happens. But whatever it is, I'm excited for it!!

So we got a referral for 2 jamaican guys this week! Totally awesome and legit!! It was one of the most powerful conversations I've ever had! The guy said to us that he felt some sort of energy running through his body that he had never felt before and that he knew that what we were saying was true. He told us that we were ripped (and it's funny because this guy was really strong so that was funny) but he said that we had spiritually strong muscles and that he knew that what we were saying was true! And we taught him a lesson and he understood it all and was repeating back what me and Elder Butler were teaching him. It was just a really really cool experience. These guys are totally getting baptized soon. And he has a wife and a son that are going to be baptized too. We have another appointment with them tomorrow.

So this week I did something AWESOME!! I picked corn for the first time. We were picking and husking corn for like 3 hours. I'm sure to those that do it all the time it isn't fun. But for us.... ah man it was the best time ever!! Ok, over exaggeration there. But it was still good. And we found a frog and Tanner was holding it and he put it close to my face and it jumped on my face. It was freaky! But kinda funny at the same time.

So I'm glad to hear that Justin is having a fantastic time in the MTC. He is going to make such a great missionary. I love that kid!!!

It is weird to think about.... only 4 months left. But I'm looknig forward to them. I am having such a good time right now.

Sister Mattox is getting baptized on Saturday. She is so so so ready!!! I can't wait for that. I won't be here, but that's fine. She is still getting baptized and that is the most important part. Yesterday Taylor blessed the sacrament for the first time and bore his testiomony. That was aweosme!!! All 3 of us bore our testimonies too and after that the meal calendar was full. Funny how that works... But it worked.
We also saw a really good play on Saturday called "Come Home to Kanesville." It was a really good play!! It was actually a musical about the pioneers. So that was basically our week. It's been a lot of fun. And a lot of really good stuff is happening here.

Yeah I did read that part about granny. That is so sad but she lived a good life! She is a great woman with celestial kingdom written all over her!! Also a woman I taught a lot in Omaha died this past week..... this was just a kinda sad week for that kind of stuff. I sure am going to miss granny though!

And youc an send me my tag when I get my new address that will be fine. I'm glad that you put it to good use. I love you. And thank you for the pictures!!

I hope all is going well there and I hope the move is going great! I love you!!! Have fun and take care!

Love,
Elder Moore

No comments: